There is a magic that is potent beyond human understanding when someone in a position of power extends him or herself on your behalf, based on nothing more that a belief in your potential. It lights a fire that would take a hurricane to extinguish.
- The end of ‘genius’: “The lone genius is a myth that has outlived its usefulness. Fortunately, a more truthful model is emerging: the creative network … Two people are the root of social experience — and of creative work.” [Joshua Wolf Shenk, New York Times]
- I’m Ira Glass, host of This American Life, and this is how I work [Andy Orin, LifeHacker]
- Anthony Bourdain talks travel, food, and war [John Little, Blogs of War]
- “Listening is a masochist endeavor. To do it right you have to put everything down.” [Oliver Reichenstein, iA]
- Why do Americans stink at math? [Elizabeth Green, New York Times]
- MH17, Iraq, Gaza and the deadly verbal dance around killing people [Annabelle Lukin, The Conversation]